Thursday, October 11, 2012

"In that day I will raise up the fallen booth of David, and wall up its breaches; I will also raise up its ruins, and rebuild it as in the days of old; that they may possess the remnant of Edom and all the nations who are called by My name," declares the Lord who does this. "Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord, "when the plowman will overtake the reaper and the treader of grapes him who sows seed; when the mountains will drip with sweet wine, and all the hills will be dissolved. Also I will restore the captivity of My people Israel, and they will rebuild the ruined cities and live in them, they will also plant vineyards and drink their wine, and make gardens and eat their fruit. I will also plant them on their land, and they will not again be rooted out from their land which I have given them," says the Lord your God.

This passage comes from the end of Amos. I'm not sure I fully understand it, and how dare someone take away my beautiful hills, but the idea is that one day it will all be made right again. Sin has made this world an awful place and I look forward to the day when God comes swooping down out of the sky and creates a new world. 
In the meantime, I am living here, right here. It is a daily battle to be content and make the most of what I've been given. It is a daily search to be in the right place. The place where God planted me. I'm practicing for the future. 
I'm not perfect and I don't have it all figured out. I'd like this blog to be a snapshot of our family's adventures in digging our roots in the dirt. I hope to share recipes and home-making ideas, child training and home-schooling tips, ask questions and overall give thanks to our Gardener.
Yours Because His,
Annie

2 comments:

  1. We hope that you really have enjoyed your Friday - especially the quiet supper with your sister tonight.
    Growing where you are planted is easy to say, but sometimes tough to do. I believe that it's those who try who make it a better place. Learn something new every day, see some beauty in someone or something you hadn't noticed, pray for someone new, and lean on Him.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks uncle Doug. Although you know that an evening with my family is anything but quiet! We had a great time. Wish you guys were here. I'm learning to be content with what I've been given. Today in Bible study we talked about the choice of fearing or trusting. If I trust God and what He is doing then my life will really look like a beautiful flower with deep healthy roots that looks in just the right spot.

    ReplyDelete